Sunday, November 21, 2010

4 Stepping away from the Console

When I’m not yelling and killing people (on the Playstation, of course!), I step away from the console and go about doing real world things™.


I figure now that I’ve bored you with a couple of posts about gaming, it’s time to show you my “softer side” with the use of Flickr. Woohoo!


One of the things I love about our digital age are the cameras (including my iPhone cam). You can take photo after photo (just clicking away like a professional photographer) and it doesn't matter if you only get one gem out of 20, because it's not costing you a thing!


Before commencing the Web 2.0 training, I already had a Flickr account, but admittedly hadn’t done much to it since opening it and adding a pic or two, so it’s great to be re-acquainted.


If you’d like to check out my photostream, you should be able to find it here.


If you’re too lazy to click on the link (and really, you should be ashamed), here’s a few of my foto-faves (yep, another new term I just coined):

Garden of Tulips - This photo was taken in Sapporo, Hokkaido - the north island of Japan  - when I was there in 2000/2001.
Cheeky skink - This little guy was in my front garden. If you look closely you can see he is poking out his tongue. Cute! He also appears to be growing a new tail.
On the road to Bunbury - I LOVE this picture! I took it with my iPhone from the car window while traveling at 100kms per hour!! Not bad, huh? It almost looks like a painting.


(P.S. As an aside to this exciting photo-post, I must apologise for the weird spacing between paragraphs and such. I am having quite a time trying to get my blog formatting the way I want it. Could this be because I am using a Mac? Or should that make no difference? I have no idea. What a noob :P)

4 comments:

Lizelle said...

I loved the Garden of Tulip photo - very significant!

Saire said...

Aww thanks Lizelle :) I like that one too. It kind of expressed how I was feeling at times when I was in Japan.

Unfortunately it is not as clear as some of my other photos because it was taken on *film* (I know - how old school) and I had to scan it into my computer, but you get the idea :)

Michael said...

Very nice pictures. I travel to Bunbury a lot,beng that my family lives there and the scenery has never looked that picturesque. Very cool.

And dont apologise for the formatting, im having a hellof a time with it depending on which browser I'm using so its def not just you.

Scritty said...

Love the Flickr photostream. Especially love the queen of the household!

Post a Comment