Saturday, February 26, 2011

0 Down the Rabbit Hole - Sat 26 Feb 2011

Basically, the Internet is a rabbit burrow of cosmic proportions. If you're like me, you wander in, looking for one little thing and emerge 5 hours later not knowing where you are (and usually without getting the "thing" you were after in the first place!).

This is okay on a 38 degree day when you're in an air-conditioned room and don't have to be anywhere anytime anyway, but most of the time it's inconvenient and can take an immense amount of willpower to find what you were looking for and get out while you can.

If you're in Perth, you know today is a 38 degree day and perfect for getting lost down the online rabbit hole - which leads me to share with you some of the cool things I have encountered online today:

1. The must-have owl design leather handbag - how have I lived to the ripe old age of 32 without one of these things?! Available in a rainbow of colours, apparently "the slight tilt of the owl's beak makes it look more vivid!" This would probably work as a great theft deterrent, given the way the owl stares at you with those deadly eyes, threatening to take off your hand everytime you go for your keys. If a handbag's not your thing, there is also the backpack.


2. The thumb piano - no musical background is needed to play the thumb piano! I'm not sure how it sounds, but it sure looks pretty funky - and how can you go wrong with something made from a gourd! If you're looking to buy me a Christmas present this year, here's my suggestion - please don't buy me a thumb piano, I'd prefer an owl handbag instead.




3. Finally, I must profess my love for Panjabi MC and share with you the video for his song "Jogi". I have to say I really, really love it - even though there's not a thumb piano in sight! Enjoy :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment