Saturday, December 11, 2010

7 Lazy

I have been lazy this week and have yet to do any Web 2.0 study, and given I didn't get out of bed today until around midday, I think you can see how this weekend is going to go.

However.

In the spirit of keeping my blog somewhat up-to-date and for your viewing pleasure, I have three things to share.

1. My Christmas tree:

The tree 2010



The tree is about 180cm tall. Note the red and gold theme, and lack of tinsel. Choosing a colour theme and omitting tinsel are techniques a seasoned tree decorator recently shared with me, to try and make your tree look more like a Myer tree. However, I have recently seen both Alethea and GozzieHoon's trees which have well-placed tinsel, and they look pretty fab. So, my advice is if you are going to use tinsel, I would suggest you use it sparingly.

I made the gold bows myself out of 5 metres of wired gold ribbon. If you want to do this yourself, I suggest using at least 10 metres of ribbon (or more) for a tree this size, as 5 metres proved to not be enough :P

2. Cool (and useful) little website:

The Literature Map   <-----  click here

The literature map basically shows "who writes like" author names, but in a cute and animated way. It's not as detailed as NoveList, for example, but you don't need a database subscription or library card to use it. Check it out!

3. Study like a scholar, scholar

You may have seen this before, as I "borrowed" the link from another Library's blog, but I love it so much I just have to share it here for anyone that hasn't already seen it. It's a play on the famous "I'm on a horse" Old Spice ad. Enjoy :)


7 comments:

Alethea said...

I enjoyed playing with the Literature Map website - what would make it even better is if there was a list/link to a list of books by the author you selected, rather than having to check on another website for this info.

Saire said...

Yes you make a good point, Alethea! A list of books would be great. I'm glad you had fun with it, though :)

Jae Rose said...

Hi Saire, thanks for your visit..I hope you enjoy your first Sunday Scribble..love the tree (and the name of your blog!)..Jae

Shar said...

"So, my advice is if you are going to use tinsel, I would suggest you use it sparingly."

Are you trying to tell me something? haha

Miss said...

Thanks for the chrissie tree. I don't have one this year cos i kept it in the shed and the ants moved into it. : (

Library Ninja Down Under said...

Library Ninja also loves the "Study like a scholar, scholar" clip...not to mention how sweet your blog looks! Keep up the good work.

Saire said...

Awww thanks Ninja! :)

Post a Comment